It was my first time to visit Rome last year but it certainly won't be the last as this city has a lot to offer and I barely scratched the surface.You can read about my random observations series here.
1. Tourists sites are so close to each other.
2. It's hard to distinguish the locals to the tourists.
3. Buses, trains, and streetcars are always packed.
4. It's better to walk.
5. No one "poops and scoops". Dog poop's are everywhere so always watch your step.
6. Cobblestone streets are deadly.
7. Never leave your belongings unattended. Pick pockets are everywhere.
8. Sirens are everywhere and it's blaring any time of day/night.
9. Breakfast is non-existent.
10. No shortage of churches.
11. Men are always well dressed.
12. Prepare to eat several courses for dinner.
13. Cacio e pepe is simply amazing!
14. Aperitivo is taken seriously (try aperol spritz!)
15. You need to validate your tickets when using public transportation.